Tuesday 9 February 2010

Editing our Film

Yesterday I had the chance to really edit our film. I spent around 1 1/2 hours yesterday doing our editing. This consisted of mainly watching our film over and over again until i could see what needed to be taken out. I cut most of the speech out that was not supposed to be in there for example Lora or Alana shouting 'cut' or 'go'. I was also able to have a go at doing some continuity editing where I matched the action of the Queen Bees walking into the party scene, with a mid shot of them walking. This gave the impression of feet belonging to the Queen Bees and them being a very important part of the scenes as it was the characters entrance into the scene and their arrival actually sparks off the catalyst of the events. We also began to worry as we had only 15 seconds of our film time left in order to get in an entirely new scene this meant a great cutting down of the conversations and shots, which worried us slightly as we wanted to keep most of it but had to cut it out in order for the audience to understand what was going on at the same time as staying within the time limit and staying true to the storyline but also giving enough room for the film to look like it needs to carry on.
I really liked doing some of the editing although there is much space for me to improve. I really enjoyed doing some of the editing as it gave me a new possibility to edit in the future and gave me more responsibility but also more control and input into what happens within our film.

By Hannah

No comments:

Post a Comment